Pure Spring Pools™ Filtration
accomplish nanofiltration with a sand filter
By using the Pure Spring Pools™ Pola System technology, nanofiltration can be accomplished with a sand filter. Impurities as small as 1nm can be removed by using Pure Spring Pools™ Pola System. This process is called flocculation with a promoter. It is so effective that bacteria and viruses can be removed from the water through filtration and backwashing.
Pure Spring Pools™ Pola Filtration
Nanofiltration describes a filter process with a membrane that will filter out anything larger than 1 to 10 nanometers, depending on the pore size in the membrane. This membrane technology is only a small step below reverse osmosis.
By using Pure Spring Pools™ Pola technology, nanofiltration can be accomplished with a sand filter.
Pure Spring Pools™ offers sand filters that ensure the very best water quality. The filters feature:
- deep filtration bed
- self-cleaning activated carbon (when used with PolaAktive)
- proprietary media layering
- reduced backwashing
- ample freeboard for reduced turbulence and better flocculation
- crystal clear water ( <0.05 NTU is typical )
- lowered combined chlorine
- lowered operational costs
- less wasted water
- physical barrier to pathogens (when used with a flocculant)